Peak of The Week Chocolate Chip Cookies
For those of you who know me, I am a sucker for anything sweet - chocolate, cake, ice cream, you name it! All those sugary treats aside, chocolate chip cookies are my all time favorite treat to eat and to make! So, here’s an easy recipe to get you making your own quarantine cookies at home!
What you’ll need:
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or Mixer (I use my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer & it’s probably my favorite appliance in my kitchen)
- Measuring cups
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips
Putting it all together
This is where my Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer comes in handy - probably my favorite appliance in the house!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & spray your baking sheet or line with parchment paper
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl (or your Kitchen Aid Mixer), beat butter and brown sugar until light & fluffy - should take a couple minutes. Add in eggs & vanilla and beat until blended.
- Add in flour mixture 1/2 cup at a time. Mix until combined.
- Add in chocolate chips and combine with a spoon by hand.
- Spoon the batter on to the baking sheet & bake for about 10-12 minutes (until lightly browned on top).
- Cool on baking sheet for a minute & transfer to the cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Dip in milk (obvi) and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container (if you have any left!)